Whats on your left side?!

OMG sitting at work today i got the worst pain ever in my side...i never had pains along my sides during my first preg, only the "stretching" pains around where u get cramps during your period. But this is all the way from my ribs to my hip. it had me in tears. No kind of movement is helping, neither is me laying down. WHAT is over there hurting so bad lol?!?!? I wanna call the doc but i might just scream at them if they tell me welcome to the 3rd trimester!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like round ligament issues. Pretty common, but man does it hurt.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 7:32 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• round ligiment pain
    Anonymous

• The liver and a big portion of the large intestine are on that side.

Gross alert! Sometimes my little one moves from left to right and then POOF I have major poops. I think she snuggles up on the side and pinches my colon and stops the flow. Then she'll suddenly move and everything starts going back to normal way too quickly and it feels weird. My midwife thinks this is hilarious. Not a dangerous problem, just an inconvenience.

Sometimes cold will make the baby move away from the area. You can try to put a cold pack on the left and see if the baby moves. It could just be a very bad intestinal back up.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 6:27 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• hmm...like the pp have said it does sound like round ligament pain...
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 8:23 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• The liver is on the RIGHT side, and a bit of the midsection. Not the left side. The spleen in on the left side, and most of the stomach.
    Anonymous