Do you think Christians or whoever can really "convert" gays and lesbians to being straight?

I honestly don't think you can convert a homosexual. They may "think" that they're straight but deep down inside they're still gay. So I really don't think it's possible. I wouldn't try to convert a Christian to be a Devil Worshiper.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• No. The only thing they do is guilt them into leading a life that is a lie. You can not change someones sexual orientation, that is something they are born with.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:29 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I am a former Lesbian and yes I am very well aware of how Jesus wants us to act. My vote is yes, I am living proof
    Anonymous

• Studies show that people who undergo religious based conversion therapy to "fix" their sexual orientation have a very very high suicide rate.

I do know gay people who abstain from sex because of their religious faith. They identify as gay but do not date. It seems like a very difficult life too.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 6:32 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

What's the river in AFrica? De-Nial!
    Anonymous

• No.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 6:35 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• But WHY do Christians feel the need to convert gays and lesbians? Is it really to save them? Or is it so that they'll feel less uncomfortable when they're around them?
    Anonymous

• I think they may live a different live style...but i dont think it changes their preferences, or anything. I agree with above PP i could see them saying theyve changed and really being on the verge of suicide, or just living a life of lies and stress daily trying to be something they are not! I do not envy anyone who is homosexual and dealing with trying to be a "good" Christian
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 6:37 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• "No. The only thing they do is guilt them into leading a life that is a lie. You can not change someones sexual orientation, that is something they are born with."

This.
    coolassmom87

Answer by coolassmom87 at 6:41 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• What's the river in AFrica? De-Nial!

nice evaluation of a person you know nothing about. There is no denial but I guess you need to tell yourself whatever you can to believe what you want to believe and not reality
    Anonymous

• Denying your sexual orientation to be a "good" christian is just that. There is no such thing as conversion. A drug addict will always be a drug addict whether they sober up or not. A pedophile will always be a pedophile. A wife beater a wife beater. We are what we are.
    Anonymous