TEETHINH RING TO BIG

my dd is only 11 weeks old and is already teething but the ring is to big for her mouth any ideas to help her p.s tried a binki she just spits it out she also has a very low grade temp of 99.8 can i give her baby Tylenol or should i wait to her temp gets higher

sashasmom159

Asked by sashasmom159 at 6:42 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 99.8% I'd say just let it be. It'll probably take care of itself in a few days. As for teething, teething rings never went over as well as the paw of a stuffed animal or the wadded up corner of a blanket. DS would scream if he saw a teething ring but hand him the hand of his sock monkey or let him chew on the ears of his giraffe and we had a happy baby again. Good luck momma. Teething sucks.
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 6:55 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• babies always run higher temps. 99.9 and below is not considered a fever.
    Anonymous

• It is so hard when the get teeth young because they can't hold something to chew on and help themselves at all! Wet a wash cloth with cold water, wrap it around your finger and put your knuckle into his mouth for him to chew on.

I too say no Tylenol for such a low temp and young age.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 7:07 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I gave Tylenol at bedtime once in awhile for teething pain. It works.
    jls9917

Answer by jls9917 at 12:06 AM on Feb. 13, 2010