my dd is only 11 weeks old and is already teething but the ring is to big for her mouth any ideas to help her p.s tried a binki she just spits it out she also has a very low grade temp of 99.8 can i give her baby Tylenol or should i wait to her temp gets higher

Asked by sashasmom159 at 6:42 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 99.8% I'd say just let it be. It'll probably take care of itself in a few days. As for teething, teething rings never went over as well as the paw of a stuffed animal or the wadded up corner of a blanket. DS would scream if he saw a teething ring but hand him the hand of his sock monkey or let him chew on the ears of his giraffe and we had a happy baby again. Good luck momma. Teething sucks.

Answer by flitpixie at 6:55 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• babies always run higher temps. 99.9 and below is not considered a fever.

• It is so hard when the get teeth young because they can't hold something to chew on and help themselves at all! Wet a wash cloth with cold water, wrap it around your finger and put your knuckle into his mouth for him to chew on.

I too say no Tylenol for such a low temp and young age.

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 7:07 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I gave Tylenol at bedtime once in awhile for teething pain. It works.

Answer by jls9917 at 12:06 AM on Feb. 13, 2010