Have you seen Avatar? Is it really all that great?

I am so not into those sort of movies, but I've heard so much about it that it has me considering watching it. Have you seen it? If so, what did you think? Is it a total kids movie?

StefanieN84

Asked by StefanieN84 at 6:45 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I am not into those movies either but i thought it was fantastic. very grown up movie and the story and action and love seens and graphics are great. i really liked it and was presently surprised. thought it might be bad cause of all the hype ruining it but i really liked it.
    myegoisprego

Answer by myegoisprego at 6:47 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Now I'm really considering it myegoisprego...hmmm....
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 6:48 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• it was, perhaps, the most visually stunning thing I have ever seen... totally worth the IMAX experience!

no, not a kids movie. definitely a crowd pleaser... but very much worth seeing. My dd loved it too! but from a kids point of view- there was a lot left to explain after the film.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:48 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I think you should definitely check it out...i don't think you can be disappointed enough to regret it. =)
    myegoisprego

Answer by myegoisprego at 6:51 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• 3D IMAX amazing!

The hard work people put into making the film is really obvious. It's well made.

Not a little kid film. But the idea that people should live peacefully together and not be wastrels is universally loved.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 6:52 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I took my 4 yr and he LOVED it! I did as well, but it was too long for me.
    youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 6:59 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I would have to go along with everyone above who said it was a great movie. This is not a genre that I enoy but my hubby really want to go so I went along expecting to completely dislike the movie but it is a good story and it is quite beautiful. You should see it for sure, I think that you will be pleasently suprised.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:10 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• It's NOT a kids movie at all, unless you are thinking teen, even then. I loved this movie, it was so worth the 3hrs spent in the theater
    Raine2007

Answer by Raine2007 at 7:21 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Ok, you guys have sold me. I'm gonna give it a shot! :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 7:37 PM on Feb. 12, 2010