Is it okay to wear makeup during pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:58 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• the people who say you shouldn't wear make up when you are pregnant are probably the same people who say you shouldn't wear make up! my rule of thumb is, if you wouldn't eat it, then it shouldn't go on your skin. if you want to go natural, you could google cosmetics without synthetics...you could get tons of info!
    congrats on your pregnancy!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:39 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Why not? it would be different if you were going to color your hair or something else.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 7:00 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Make sure you wash your brushes in alcohol and change your pads/ sponges often. Your skin may break out more easily and brushes and sponges can grow tons of bacteria.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:04 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• If it's not then I certainly broke the rules.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 7:42 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• It's perfectly safe to color your hair and wear makeup. It's so silly, some people think you should just not do anything or eat anything except prenatles and chicken, and move or enjoy yourself at all until the baby is out of you...
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 7:51 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• yep you can wear makeup, and you can dye your hair!
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 8:22 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I agree with Steff107 i dont wear much and i have only ever dyed my hair once but ya its fine and i plan on wearing it sunday on the 1st date me and my husband has been on in months:)
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 11:53 PM on Feb. 12, 2010