would you be disappointed with this Valentine's gift?

Dh came home from work today and said "here's your Valentine present", and handed me a Dunkin Donuts giftcard. No card or anything with it. Whaaaat?! I do like to get coffee there, and will use it, but where is the romance in that? All my friends have been getting flowers sent to them at work, sappy V-day cards, etc...so yeah, I'm super disappointed. :-(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:29 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• maybe he'll suprise you later with something else
    Anonymous

• yeah it's not even v-day yet.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 7:36 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• No, I wouldn't. He probably thought you'd enjoy it, and for all you know, he put more thought into than you think. A lot of guys don't do anything for their wives. I've learned a gift should never be expected. I'm happy with anything because of that.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 7:36 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• yes, I would NOT be happy. I would expect a card with a heartfelt message at least.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 7:42 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I did get flowers he bought. He has to work vday so its never a big deal here. I do love cards and rarely get them but I think you should be happy with getting anything although I do understand the disappointment when you want romance!
    Anonymous

• I would think it was strange, but I don't get Vday presents at all. So i guess I'd be puzzled but not disappointed. Maybe he's trying to throw you off track for something bigger.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:01 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• is he trying to tell u something
    Anonymous

• I think you should just be happy he gave you a gift.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 9:29 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I would be happy to just be noticed on Valentines day I haven't got anything in 25 years and would be shocked to even get a gift card from Dunkin Donuts My guy is a great guy he gives me his paycheck every week but just don't think much about the holidays his whole family is that way
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 9:37 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• You know what I got for V-day? SO took his boots off before sex. I was so happy I almost cried. I am always complaining about him not taking his boots and pants off before sex. It just seems tacky to me that he keep his clothes on but today he showed me the respect of taking his boots off and disrobing. THAT was the closest thing to romance I'm going to get out of Mr Air Force Special Ops and I'm fine with it since he doesn't like to show signs of affection. So some guys show romance in odd ways. It's all good. Just hug his neck and thank him and he might give you something even better than a gift card....WOO HOO!!!!!

Answer by admckenzie at 9:53 PM on Feb. 12, 2010