My mom posted a recipe on her fb that involves eating snow. Isn't eating snow bad?

I almost commented: "You ate snow off the ground! EW!", but I didn't want to hurt her feelings. She posted some recipe about snow and this milk stuff to flavor it and all these people answered yum and stuff like that. Doesn't snow contain dust and bacteria that one just shouldn't consume? EWWW. LOL.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• People eat Hamburger Helper and they're worried about what might be in a little snow? ROFLMAO
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:28 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I would not eat the yellow snow or the first snow but otherwise.... it is probably ok
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 7:37 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• The first snow is healthy and clean. Not a big deal, my kids eat it. I could think of a few things we eat every day that are probably worse....
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 7:38 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• dirt,yes.Rain and snow pick up materials from the area that it draws moisture from. Considering the toxic stuff that goes up in the air,I would not be eating snow!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 7:38 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• that is "snow icecream" lol it is best made with "pet milk" what ever that is ;) we made some yesterday- my oldest loved it- I don't care for it...snow isn't harmful
    Anonymous

• I can't imagine it being THAT harmful. We breath what's in the air... why would eating it be any different? I was told as a kid that it's not good but now that I'm an adult, I can't see the difference in eating it rather than breathing it.
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 8:06 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• You don't get the snow that's right on the dirt, you get the snow that's on top, and freshly fallen. It's as clean or cleaner than the air you are breathing. If you get your panties in a wad about everything your kids eat and drink, they will need to live in plastic bubbles. You probably drank water from a garden hose, made mud pies and then ate them, and rode bikes with only a helmet, no knee or elbow pads. I know I did, and we are both still alive. Let your kids live a little.
    Anonymous

• my kids dont wear knee and elbow pads...man maybe your kids live in a bubble.
    Anonymous

• my mom used to make that when we were little....
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 8:26 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Pshaw, a little snow never hurt anyone. It's not like you're scraping it off of the sidewalk. My daughter was nibbling on a little snow yesterday.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:58 PM on Feb. 12, 2010