Do you believe in heaven and hell? Why or Why not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:50 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• NO b/c those are manmade ideas....nothing more.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:54 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Oh definitely. I am actually a citizen in heaven right now : )

I believe in hell because Jesus spent so much time talking about how terrible it would be. He talked more about hell than He did about heaven--warning us.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 7:55 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Hallelujah I am a Citizen of Heaven seated in the Heavenly Places right now... and yes Hell is real.. what Cin mom said is correct!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:08 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• No. I think they are products of those in control to keep subjects in line.

I think the idea of a place of good and a place of bad are found where we live now as well as within ourselves.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:22 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• i believe in heaven because (Genesis 1:1) In [the] beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

i dont believe in hell because Proverbs 2:22 But the wicked shall be cut off from the earth, and the transgressors shall be rooted out of it. it doesnt say that they will go to hell.
    Anonymous

• No because the whole concept is absurd.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:42 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Absurd? How is it absurd? So, according to you everyone who has been good or bad in this earth is going to end up in the same place? So why should you be good if there is no hope? Now that is ABSURD!

Yes, I believe that there is a GOD of the bible. He has the right to judge us according to our works and faith and send us to were we belong (heaven or hell).

Anonymous

• Absurd? How is it absurd?   Because I believe it is.  That is my opinion so get over it!

So, according to you everyone who has been good or bad in this earth is going to end up in the same place?    Yep.  They will all be dead.

So why should you be good if there is no hope?   Because I have to live with myself and guilt and remorse are unpleasant emotions to live with so I avoid feeling them as much as possible.

Now that is ABSURD!   Needing religious dogma tobe a good person instead of believing in yourself is absurd and a little scary.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:44 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• no.. there is no prove of it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:19 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Answered at 4:44 AM on Feb. 13, 2010 by: * beeky A

Beeky, I <3 you!!!!! and yes, I'm a Christian,

No I don't believe in a Eternally Tormenting Hell, mistranslation of the Hebrew word Sheol that means mankinds Grave not a place of torture, that came from Greek Philosophy not the Bible people. Read Ecc 9:5, 10

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 4:13 AM on Feb. 14, 2010