Why does my baby cry everytime I go to change her diaper?

Lately, everytime I go to lay my 10mo dd on the changing table she freaks out! I don't get it..... she's never had a diaper rash.... so nothing like that is bothering her. I think she is just super clingy lately and at a very playful getting into everything stage. so could it be that diaper changes are taking away from her cuddling or playing time so she doesn't like them?... I dunno. And what do I do?

marchma2b

Asked by marchma2b at 7:51 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• because you are torturing her! LOL OMG you lay her down and that interupts her whole day and life as she knows it is over...many kids do this so RELAX>>>>>>>>
    Anonymous

• Try changing her on the floor. She may still hate it, but she may not. My first daughter was changed on the table until she potty trained at 19 months, but my little one hated being put up high to be changed starting at... I want to say... 9-10 months? I've found these kinds of fits are usually just a phase... hating diaper changes one day (but this is nothing new, I want to say, you've been doing this since you were born!!), hating the car the next... They usually pass as quickly as they came.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 7:56 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• All babies are like this for the most part.

One, they can't have much fun while your wiping there bum.

Two, sometimes it can get kinda chilly when your bottom half gets exposed.

Three, the wipes can be cold too, unless you have a wipes warmer.

Four, maybe your baby has sensory issues?
    Anonymous

• VERY common behavior for this age!!! Don't worry, it is not anything you have done! Basically baby would rather be doing something else and this is how she lets you know.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 10:39 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• My 7 month old does the same thing for the same reason. She tries to flip over and grab the wipes and cries if I don't let her. I let this go on for a couple of weeks until I discovered that she'll lie still just long enough if I hand her a musical book.
    jls9917

Answer by jls9917 at 11:43 PM on Feb. 12, 2010