What makes a woman shop?

I won't be decieving so.... I am an internet marketing distributor for a product brokerage company....but no worries I am not trying to sell you anything...I just need some honest answers here. As a woman, mother, and smart shopper..I am always looking for a good deal. However, I would appreciate some feedback from other women concerning this matter. What would it take for you to shop?

MelodyAnne

Asked by MelodyAnne at 8:00 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Money & Work

• I love to shop. I mean love lol. The thing that makes me want to shop the most is a good deal and if the thing I'm looking at serves a real perceived purpose in my life. When I look at a product now I am asking myself if I need it. If it will make my life easier or if it will be a good replacement for what I already have making me upgrade. I am not as willing to purchase as I used to be due to the economy so it appearing to be something i really need is key to me purchasing it. If I think it will save me money that helps too.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 8:05 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Whatever I think is useful even if it's not necessarily useful for me. If I think I can use it or it is supposed to make my life easier then I buy it.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 8:56 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• M
    O
    N
    E
    Y
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I love to shop!!!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 3:44 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• In this order:
    If I can afford it
    If it is needed by anyone in the family
    If it is a good price or on a good sale
    If it it will enhance my life...make it easier, more pleasant
    If it get good feedback and great reviews from others
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Depends on what I'm shopping for but if its clothes or shoes or something like that I am usually motivated by and upcoming outing where I want to look fabulous. Also if I'm feeling sexy/attractive I tend to want to shop more.

If I'm shopping for stuff for the house...I'm usually motivated right after I clean to go buy something to make my house look even better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Anon 59 here: just wanted to add that sales and bargains don't motivate me at all. I don't feel like I'm getting a deal, I feel like I'm getting something that was a closeout that no one else wanted. I am far more motivated by larger price tag. For example, the other day I bought a pair of 7 jeans on sale and found myself wondering why they were on sale. Had I paid full price I wouldn't have even thought about that for a second.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Quality item for the cheapest price.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:29 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• When I shop I generally have an idea of what I want - then go looking for it. I don't shop because I want to or because I have extra money. Honestly, if I have extra money we go out to eat - not buy junk.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:45 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I shop when I need things and when my family needs things.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:06 PM on Feb. 14, 2010