I'm 6 months pregnant and my inner thighs are KILLING me. Is that normal? It's the area right up near my "you know what area." :) It hurts when I walk, sit, do anything. I have to lift my right leg with my hand to get it on the couch because it hurts so bad.

hanhunt6107

Asked by hanhunt6107 at 8:14 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it sounds like the weight you carry around is effecting you a little bit! does it feel like muscle pain?? have you been massaging the area and taking it nice an easy?
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 8:23 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• i have had the same thing throughout my pregnancy. my doctor told me it was normal unless if doesnt go away with rest. my pre-pregnancy weight was 110.. and I'm due sunday and i am 142.
    Anonymous

• You have 2 ligaments that attach from your uterus to the inside of your labia majora. Sometimes we feel these ligaments making our labia a little sore during menstruation and that cramping. Their job is to help keep your uterus in place. My guess (and it would only be a guess) is that as your baby is growing and your body, center of gravity, and the way you move is changing, these ligaments are causing your discomfort - or are at the source of your discomfort.
    BeingHereNow

Answer by BeingHereNow at 10:10 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• sounds a little bit like pelvic pressure.
    Anonymous

• i had that problem with baby #2 and it hurt all the way tell the day he was born! get lots of sleep, long warm baths, rub the inner thighs, and take it easy sorry i know your pain!
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 11:59 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Thank you for your answers. I feel better now knowing that I'm not the only one suffering from this. I'm going to rest now. My back is killing me!
    hanhunt6107

Answer by hanhunt6107 at 8:28 PM on Feb. 13, 2010