why is PA looked out so negatively?

is there anytime or circumstances PA is looked at postively? i believe some people do take advantage but if u are a tax payer and come on hard times and need it for a little while i think that is what it was meant to be for anyways. short term not long term. please no bashing i am not on PA

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Money & Work

• It's only looked at positivley when the bashers need it. Anyways, im not on PA either, but I do belive in karma and for those who are abusing the system they will get whats coming to them.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 8:41 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I think it is looked at negatively because so many people seem to abuse the system.
    Anonymous

• Some have come to learn how to milk the system really well. Lazy and irresponsible.

Anonymous

• A lot people do seemingly use the system but on the other hand the system is set up to allow abusers to do what they do. I wish they would revamp the system so that more people who need it can get it and the people who are abusing it can't. That's a lot of wishful thinking though.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:49 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• You really have to ask this question? Because Honey, the people who really need it, cannot get it. The people who get it, don't really need it.... they have figured out a way to scam the system. Yes, it's true... most of the people who receive it, know how to play the entire system. I heard one little black girl at work (19) tell me she grew up this way, and she is going to do it too. She also cheats on her taxes by claiming people who cannot file a tax return as a dependent on hers. She knew all the ins and outs.

Sad, but true...
    Anonymous

• I think those who truly need it are look at  in a neutral light. Those who continue to make poor choices and feel entitled to it because they pay taxes are the ones I can't stand. It's not a matter of paying taxes because a lot of times the people on it pay LESS TAXES yet reap more benefits because they use the stuff everyone uses and more. Those who paid MORE TAXES end up having to become poor in order to receive benefits pay more of a price. So it's not about who pays taxes because if there is a true need then I want those people to have options. I don't think like that at all. I'll look at PA in a positive light when it is a positive things in peoples life. A stepping stone to those who are on hard times and a Push to those who would likely milk it. Making those who milk it unable to milk the system would help a lot.

Anonymous

• i agree about it. if someone has fallen on hard times i think it would benefit them. i asked the question because on here there so many people say i am not on pa when someone asks about it. just because one person never needed it and one person needs it. who is to judge their situation. i do agree it needs to be revamped. its sad that people know how to milk the system. but it was just curiousity. thanks for everyone who answered the question.
    Anonymous

• There are alot of people that abuse the system. I am on PA. It was suppose to be for 6 months, just till we got back on our feet. Hubby was laid off and our income cut in half. Then just before that 6 months mark, when I sit the appointment to get everything stop, my husband got hurt on the job! His stupid company has the right to delay and refuse to pay benefits until ORDER by a judge. So he is off work, no Worker's Comp coming in, our income is almost gone. So yeah it fing sucks. Thankfully he was released to go back on sit down only job after 2 months off but that sit put our income way shorter than what it was. We had our PA adjusted. The best news is there is light at the end of the tunnel. By this summer, we should be off. He has surgery next week, then off for 10 days then physical therapy. So he should be back to work full time by May. I can't wait!!! We use my moms internet. Can't wait to have our own and cable. Yeah
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 12:22 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• To sum it up, I think that PA is looked at negatively because it's often abused. I think it's a great thing for those who truly need it. I, for one, hate to think of people going to bed hungry. On the the other hand, I think it's a terrible thing when people use it as a crutch to avoid putting in their fair share of work and effort to support their family. I think there should be time limits on it, and that those on it should be forced to look for employment or a way to better their financial circumstances.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 1:35 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• When I was a single mother of three and received no cs from a dead beat dad I used it. I didn't care if people bashed me. Feeding my children and having medical insurance and roof over their heads was more important to me. If the bashing is about abusing the system then I'm ok with that. Abuse is wrong but utilizing a resource (PA) until you get on your feet is perfectly acceptable.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:32 AM on Feb. 13, 2010