does she not like him??

im with my baby allll day, and shes typically very good. only cries when shes hungry or the normal things.... but as soon as her father comes home from work she just cries and cries when he's holding her for no reason, but when he gives her to me she stops crying. shes only 1 month old, i dont understand what could be the problem.

Mamicela87

Asked by Mamicela87 at 8:39 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I guess, she just wants her mommy.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 8:41 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Not a problem. She's a NORMAL baby. Daddies are big hairy scary creatures with booming voices who are definitely Not The Momma. It's the very RARE baby who doesn't act like yours.

Tell him not to worry. Baby hasn't yet figured out that he's not going to EAT her. She will eventually. And before he knows it, it will be All Dad All The Time...to the extent that she makes him crazy.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:44 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• exactly what gdiamante said. lol
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:49 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• my son does that too. well my husband works all the time so i'm always with my baby. so yeah i notice my baby cries with him sometimes for no reason. and when he passes him to me he's quite lol

i think the baby is use to me and the way i sing to him, talk to him,ect...

and his daddy dont sing to him he dont like to sing.
    Anonymous

• The above, plus another factor could be that he comes home at the baby witching hour. Even if she's not colicky, what do they say, 6-8 pm ? is when all hell breaks loose. I've definitely found that to be true. Try to encourage your husband to stick with it... it will get better. My poor hubby -- he's such a great dad, has a really great attachment to those girls, but he's been working so much lately that once again, at age 17 months and 33 months, they only want me a lot.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:20 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• gdiamante, that has to be one of the best answers I ever read. Gave me a good little chuckle. But to agree to what she said, Daddys are just not the mamas.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:33 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• My daughter cried about kisses a lot because Daddy and Grandpa are too scratchy for baby skin.
    jls9917

Answer by jls9917 at 12:00 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• gdiamante, best answer I have EVER read!
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 12:11 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• My son was EXACTLY the same way. EXACTLY! But he was like that with mostly everyone...not just my fiance. My fiance kept saying that our son hates him and my MIL took it personally too...but that's not the case. Newborns are in survival mode. They want to be near the person they KNOW will take care of them and keep them safe...I mean in a big, scary, confusing world, wouldn't you? For most babies, that person is their momma. Your daughter knows you are that person for her and she probably can just EASILY tell your DH is not you because he is bigger, rougher, has a deeper voice, etc. And that probably scares her. She will grow out of it. My son started to get better around 4 months. He still does prefer me over my fiance though. I'm enjoying it while it lasts because one day he's gonna want his daddy more than me. :( Haha
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:42 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• The girls love their daddy, but something I have noticed, right when he gets home, they dont like him holding them, if he changes clothes or takes a shower they change immediately it changes and they will love to be with daddy, it could be smells from work, we work with clientel that either smell of purfume or cigars or worse, the studio is a party place for musicians recording their CD's and there are always add on smells that he may come home with, so depending on what your husband does for a living it could be smell transferrence from work, if not I agree that it could just be the amount of time your child spends with you vs. the amount of time he sees daddy.
    Brittanytwins

Answer by Brittanytwins at 5:05 AM on Feb. 14, 2010