Do violent video games cause behavioral problems?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• No, I don't think it causes behavioral problems due to the violence. My brother always played those games, and he isn't a violent killer, lol. However, I think that video games can cause other sorts of behavioral problems. When my son is older, he will be very limited on the time he is allowed to play. I think these days kids stay inside playing video games too often. When I was little we were outside from morning til night in the summer...kids rarely do that now! I want my son to use his imagination, and playing too many video games limits that. It's the same with TV.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 8:59 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• In already crazy people lol. I dont think so. I mean there are more people who play games and not go out and kill people then the crazies who plays the games then kills people. I think those who play games and go out and cause violence just want something to blame there actions on and since so many people are ready to accept that the "VIDEO GAMES DID IT" that its a good excuse. Sorry, but I think you already had problems, the video games didnt make you do it.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 8:55 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• in kids whose parents do not actually parent and teach them real from fake and right from wrong, YES.

Anonymous

• No. Bad parents do.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:56 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• How yo'all know if it do? I ain't no shrink. Hehe, that's my black talk. "

I had to giggle at this, lol.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 8:57 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• to tell you the truth:
    yes the do. well all kids are diffrent if u have a child that loves vedio games then if he or she start to act up just snatch it if they play it and it helps them consatrate then there's your answer just test your child and find out but for mines it dont causes behavior problems
    Shaina11

Answer by Shaina11 at 8:57 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• No, lazy self absorbed parents do

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:57 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I agree with sweet-a-kins this time.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 8:59 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I don't know my son isn't allowed to play them. :)

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:03 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• No - Parent's who don't teach their kids right from wrong, imaginary from real world, DO IMO.

Anonymous