Daniel Fast

Has anyone done it? I'm considering trying it for Lent. It seems a lot of religious leaders from different Christian beliefs are encouraging this type of fasting this year, because it does not starve the body of food for the entire day.

From what I have read, you can eat vegetables, fruit, whole wheat products, seeds, tofu, soy products and drink water. No dairy, meat, poultry, fish, raw sugar, caffeine, alcohol.

I was just going to give up diet sodas and popcorn since those are the two items I consume daily, but now I feel like a total cleansing without starvation might be what my soul craves.

I just wanted to poll the masses and see if there is anyone who has tried it and has an opinion.

redmoonintexas

Asked by redmoonintexas at 8:51 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• only for like a 3 day fast. I mostly drank juices. and water.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:08 PM on Feb. 12, 2010