is my 2yr old to old for a stroller?

i just had a baby 1month ago. I only have one stoller for the new baby. Im not sure if to get a dobble stroller. Do you think im going to need one? And what kind to you recomend?

Bless2haveU

Asked by Bless2haveU at 8:57 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• In short, I'd say if you like wearing your baby, wait and see how your older child is doing when you'd really need the little one in a stroller. But if you don't wear your baby, you will almost certainly need a double, unless you don't go anywhere that requires lots of walking (like the zoo or even the mall).
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:11 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• We recently had our 5yo in a stroller! We went to Disney and it was also great for the airport. I definately don't think 2 is too old!! Can't recommend any speciifc stroller, but 2 year olds will still get tired walking, so be prepared stroller-wise.
    Anonymous

• You definitely need something for your toddler to ride in, at least for another year or so. Their little legs get tired easily, and you don't want to be stuck carrying him/her while trying to deal with your baby.

I don't have any specific recommendations, but you can either do a double stroller, or put the baby in a sling/Baby Bjorn, and let your toddler ride in the stroller.
    Anonymous

• I think that the right double stroller is a great idea! Check out a standing tandem. the one by Joovy has a platform to stand or while she is still little a bench to sit on. Thisi s what I got. My kids where 3 years apart. We used it ALL the time. it's great at the mall or for long walks at the park or when we go to festivals or fairs. They are 2 and 5 and still use it a little.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:05 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• He's not to old at all, my son is 4 and I take him on a stroller everytime I go jogging or walking so he won't get tired.
    kimaam

Answer by kimaam at 9:06 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• You are gonna need a strooler what the hell are you gonna do when he saids" momma I am tired" or runs from you and you can't catch him and have to run after him what are gonna do with the new baby? Not to young my children were in stroolers until 3 1/2 yrs old.
    Anonymous

• Well, it depends on your lifestyle. We didn't get a double stroller right away because I love wearing my babies, it just seems so much more practical... so I had a moby wrap and a baby bjorn (moby is especially useful for the teeny tiny newborns and the bjorn is great when they get strong necks and get more curious). So I would not have used the double stroller for the first, say, 9 months or so. I just pushed my big girl (they were only 16 months apart though) in a little umbrella stroller. It was nice not to have a big major apparatus (because double strollers are exactly that!). My husband was kind of convinced we were never going to need the double stroller, but I decided to get one (the Baby Trends Sit n' Stand) when my little one was about 10 months or so. We go to this huge Children's Museum all the time, and it's really nice to be able to just get somewhere fast. Lug our coats around.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:10 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• My 3 1/2 year old still frequently rides in the stroller. We got a double after my middle one was born and have now bought a second stroller after having our newest little one. As much as my kiddos enjoy walking, they do get tired and frequently enjoy the ride.
    mupt02

Answer by mupt02 at 9:26 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• kids will need a stroller to fight off fatigue until about 5 years old so yeah get a double stroller, they make ones that an older toddle stands in the back, and they make side by side ones and one in front one in back, some even have the kids facing each other
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 10:44 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Thanks ladys im going to try it w/ a sling & a stroller hopefully that work. If it doesnt ill get the dobble stroller.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Feb. 13, 2010