how do i get my 5 year old to calm down sometimes?

My five year old daughter, jayvonah is very hyper even if she dont have any cany or sweets i took her to the doctor but he said that my baby is just fine.
i dont buy candy from the tore i really dont buy sweets at all she jumps and jumps and play 24/7 non stop im tired ive tried every little thing it was to stop it not worrking i nedd help now

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Health

• just pull down her pants and spank her, that''ll settle her butt down
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 9:03 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Why is spanking your only answer staceynoel?
    Anonymous

• Check the ingredients of the foods you are giving her. Even if its not candy or a sweet, it could be loaded with high fructose corn syrup or other sugar derivatives that might be making her hyper. And you'd have to do the research, but I read somewhere that dyes in a lot of kids foods had been shown to cause hyperactivity. I think Red Dye #40 was one of them. Otherwise, does she get enough sleep? And does she have daily routines and a schedule you keep? Sometimes tired kids can react by being silly and hyper. Or if they are bored and not stimulated enough, they will get silly too. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• set a routine for her, specific times to eat, play, sleep, routine before bed should be to calm. could start with a bath then a story then bed same time every day.
    ohio4

Answer by ohio4 at 12:17 AM on Feb. 13, 2010