Best Cruise Line??

Im looking to book a cruise for me and my hubby. We are young and want a young crowd. Dont mind some children, but we will be leaving ours at home. Would like to have activities available and not just a party boat. We do like to drink, but want to be able to remember our whole trip. Anyone had any experience on a cruise line they loved or hated? Any advice would be great. we dont get to take many vacations so I really want to make this one great!

Thanks!

linzhh

Asked by linzhh at 9:09 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Travel

• Royal Caribbean. We took a cruise with them and it was fabulous. We met MANY people too. People who had taken SEVERAL cruises with different lines. All of them said RC was the best they had been on at that point.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 9:28 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I cruised on Princess--old people, lol, Carnival, lots of families and lots of parties! Royal Caribbean is the best by far! My friend took a Celebrity Cruise, and also says Royal Carribbean is the best, have fun and take me with you!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:50 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Its been years since I've been, but I also love Royal Carribean.
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 10:25 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I like Carnival. met some real snotty folks on royal carribean. I have cruised both lines a few times both with and with out kids. I just go for the best price. You can find more on www.cruisecritc.com
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 3:23 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I've been on 10 cruises... I much prefer Celebrity and RC over Carnival...that said- we are going on Carnival this year with the kids...Carnival is a party ship...lots of college kids depending on when you travel, Royal has better food, but Celebrity has nicer ships. It just depends on what you enjoy doing really..
    We drink occasionally, gamble a little, we do go to some shows, we like the art auctions, we do play Bingo on occasion, and we do use the gyms and spas as well.
    On this cruise we are going to Cozumel, Costa Maya, Isla Roatan, and Belize.. we snorkeled with sharks and rays the last time we were in Belize. In Cozumel we eat and shop and in Costa Maya we chill on the beach.. this will be our first trip to Honduras though. We sometimes go with the flow and sometimes we book an excursion before sailing.
    Have fun!
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 10:16 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Carnival and RC are more budget cruise lines. Holland America, Celebrity, Princess, Crystal, Cunard are better.
    Anonymous

• I liked Carnivals food better..go figure
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:17 AM on Feb. 15, 2010