2nd Bday party. How do I word this???

We're having our daughter's party at a place called the Please Touch Museum. It's for kids 7 and younger. SOme of my friends and family have kids younger but also older than that. The place isn't going to be any fun for the older kids so I wasn't planning on inviting them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Entertainment

• just my opinion but I think it a bit rude to invite people that can't bring all their kids.

but since you picked that place, just put "at the Please Touch Museum, ages 7 and UNDER" somewhere on the invite
    Anonymous

• I agree with anon :35
    Anonymous

• Maybe the two of you worry about pleasing people other than your family? My baby LOVES it at this place and it's HER birthday. Really though what are 14 years olds gonna do with ducks in a pond and Alice in Wonderland? I didnt ask for ignorance. The question asks how to basically tell ppl that their teenagers aren't invite to a 2 year olds party!
    Anonymous

• You never said they were teenagers. Just older children. I would have told you then that you don't have to worry because a teen is not wanting to go. But if they would have been children that were 8 to 11 yrs old it is rude not to include them. We are not saying you can't have it there. Just that it is rude that you are not wanting to invite older children.
    Anonymous

• I would only worry about inviting other children close to my 2 yr old's age. I wouldn't be offended if my 2 yr old got invited to a party, but my teen or even my 9 yr old didn't. That's just how it is. I wouldn't expect my 2 yr old to be invited to a 14 yr old's birthday either. It's the 2 yr old's birthday, do what the 2 yr old likes and don't worry about inviting the older kids.
    Anonymous

• I would just put a note on the invite with a link to the website, and let them know that the place doesn't seem like it's much fun for older kids.
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 9:58 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• You don't need to invite all of the kids in a family. It's perfectly acceptable to invite just the child closest to your own child's age. Especially if you have to pay for entry for each guest. My kids often received invitations just for the 1 child, & that's normal. Children should have their own friends, at times the older kids get invited to a party the younger ones aren't invited to & the older kids should be able to attend parties without their younger siblings.

On the invitation just write the child's name that's invited. I agree with sweetphoenix529, add a link to the website. No one should be expected to invite the entire family, I will say that when you have a party, you should make sure you do the same for every family you invite, it does seem wrong to invite older kids from one family and not from another, but this clearly doesn't sound like your plan.

The museum sounds like a great place for the little ones!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:16 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• well, sorry, I did state to just put the 7 and UNDER on the invite.

but wouldn't it be easier for you to put ALL the info in the question description instead of getting pissy at responses?

You didn't say they were 14. like said above, if the "older kids" were 8-11 or so, yes it would be rude. 14 year olds don't generally want to go to a 2 year old's party any ways.
    Anonymous

• Well like you said it is about your daughter if they bring their teens knowing that it won't be fun for them then who cares, it isn't your problem, but you can't exclude some kids and not others it is very rude.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 10:18 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• i would make the invitations out solely to the children under 7 even if you have to call the parents and tell them right out its not rude its your child's big day and they should understand ( lol wait til the kids start school with different age groups it would be rude to bring the whole family)

from experience, spent a fortune on a roller skating party for dd in 5th grade, invited all her friends from school.....they all brought only the child from her class. my sil had a child in 5th grade so of course she was invited, my other sil got word of the party and brought her 4 y o who could not skate but had to pay by the head, the sil decided to skate so had to pay for her too. 20 minutes into the party the sil lands on her back they call 911 leave me with the 4 y o and the other daughter and both sil go off to the er, i'm left standing there with this screaming 4 y o, sil fine, party ruined, call the family!!!
    ohio4

Answer by ohio4 at 11:31 PM on Feb. 12, 2010