un-circumcised 5 yr old

My son is having such trouble cleaning his foreskin. His older brother never had issues. How concerned should I be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Health

• He's not retracting it already is he? You're not suppose to.
    Anonymous

• It needs to cleaned properly or he will end up infections and may need to have the painful procedure done a little later in life.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:44 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• This is why I circumcised my son.. it's much more sanitary!!!
    Anonymous

• Having trouble how? You just need to show him how to clean it right, it really isn't that hard so it doesn't make sense how he is having issues.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 10:16 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Maybe his brother can teach him how to clean it right since he has to clean his all the time.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:38 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Ya hopefully all the other "intact" mothers read this so next time they won't be so smug about not having their son's circ'd....
    Anonymous

• wow- this wasnt a post on if people should circ or not!
    If he's not infected he should be ok...just keep showing him how to pull back the skin and properly clean himself. I freaked when a little glad seal popped on my 2 year old and it had puss like liquid....The doc said it's normal and healthy and as long as you're pulling the skin back regularly to properly clean and nothing is red and inflamed he should be alright. If it's painful maybe you have to bring him in to make sure he doesnt have an infection going on or something else.
    szeimetz

Answer by szeimetz at 12:26 AM on Feb. 13, 2010