Credit card or car seat?

I have some extra income next month and I was planning to pay off an old credit card. But I got in a car wreck the other day and I feel really bad for not buying my son what I consider to be one of the very best car seats on the market. Don't get me wrong I have already replaced the crashed seat with an identical one. I just wonder if I should spend the $300 and get him the better one. Which would you choose?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• im sorry but what is more important to you

your child or credit cards ???????????
    Anonymous

• Credit Card, you don't need the bells and whistle $300 one, look on Consumer Report to make sure the one you got was rated high, and if so,,, I would pay the bill!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:01 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• more money doesn't mean more quality. we got a $300 seat and a $160 seat, and they are both of great quality. i'm actually more impressed with the less expensive seat. they both rear-face and harness to the same weights, and they both are made really well. also, $300 means nothing if you can't get a good install in your car.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 10:05 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• as long as the seat isnt on a recall list, pay your credit card off.
    Anonymous

• Its not on recall. I just bought it yesterday.
    Anonymous

• Yeah a $300 seat doesn't make it the best, most seats are pretty equal safety wise.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 10:13 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• This seat has a rear facing tether. It really helps stabilize a rear facing seat.
    Anonymous

• I guess I can pay two thirds of the card and also buy the seat.................
    Anonymous

• All carseats meet the safety standards set by the safety administration. Each one is safe by the eyes of the law. The one you bought is fine. Pay the credit card off as much as you can. You don't need a better seat.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:03 PM on Feb. 12, 2010