HAS ANY OF U GUYS DELT WITH DIABETES DURING UR PREGNANCY?

ms.ervin

Asked by ms.ervin at 10:17 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Health

• yes, it sucked, had to inject insulin for 2mths but, got a 9lb 6oz beautiful baby boy out of it.
    Anonymous

• Yes, I had to monitor my sugar in the morning and after each meal. I had to poke my fingers 4 times a day. Then towards the end of my pregnancy I wasn't keeping the sugar low enough with my meals, so I had to take Glyburide pill (sp?) before each meal.

You really have to watch your sugar or your baby can get too big, which can be unhealthy. Or the baby's sugar level drops to suddenly when they are born which can also be dangerous.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:20 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Oh and they poke your baby after its born too. At least when my daughter was born they checked her blood sugar every hour fro the first few hours, then a few more times after that before we left the hospital. :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:28 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Yep-- with my last one.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:02 PM on Feb. 13, 2010