Breastfeeding & Birth Control?

What Birth control do you use if you don't mind sharing? I need advice this will be my 1st time been on birth control. This is my 2nd baby & i dont think i want another one any time soon. Im breast feeding & i need some thing safe for my baby & I.

Thanks. I'll see my Dr. next week & I know shes going to ask me what are my plans as far as birthcontrol.

Thanks 4 ur help..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you can use condoms, the mini-pill which is progesterone only, or the non-hormonal IUD (copper) although because of the oxitocin released while nursing, there is a greater risk of expulsion of the IUD.

one note on the mini pill is that it makes you bleed randomly! seriously sucked for me, like 3 days of bleeding, go a week, then 3 more days of bleeding.

Anonymous

• mini pill is not supposed to interfere w/milk supply but for a percentage of women it does. some great info at Birth Control and Breastfeeding

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 10:42 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• i took the mini pill. It worked well for me and I never bled in between periods.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 10:43 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I took depo
    JaymieZ

Answer by JaymieZ at 10:50 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I'll suggest nothing hormonal. I have mirena and my milk is on the verge of drying up from it. A friend of mine used depo and hers dried up. Everyone is different but that is my suggestion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Feb. 13, 2010