i'm so torn..

my hubby finally agreed to having another baby..he's finally ready..so i make the apt to get my iud removed, and he comes home a few days ago and says would taking on a few more kids (i watch a friends LO during the day for a little extra money) fill the void of wanting another baby, bc money's going to be tight this year...i love kids, so naturally i wouldn't mind taking a few more and doing an in-home daycare..but at the same time, it's breaking my heart to think that dh finally said we could have another one (after a year of me being ready lol) and i have to decide between one or the other....oo, and btw dh and i both wanted 2-3 kids going into this, so dont say that its his way of backing out...any advice is greatly appreciated.how would you handle it?..have you ever been in this predicament (sp?)?..is it possible to do both?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• That sounds weird to me. How is watching other's kids even comparable to having your own? He is still trying to back out, if I were you I would still get my IUD taken out. I wouldn't be happy with this, maybe counseling will help.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 10:57 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• oo..i've been a SAHM for about 2 yrs now,and money's been tight before but we've gotten by..i feel like i'm being selfish if i choose to go with having another baby, but at the same time i feel like i'm depriving everyone of the joy of another daught/grand daughter/sister/niece (dh doesn't make boys lol he's two for two on girls) if i go with more kids....
    Anonymous

• I really don't see why you can't have a kid and take extra kids for money at the same time, he is being stupid and I would call him on it.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 11:04 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• he probably didn't know what he was getting into. My mom wanted 10 kids, and every child she had the desire for more went down lol. I don't blame him. my husband doesn't want anymore either.
    Anonymous

• I think he's being sensible. If money is tight and he's trying to head off having another child right now there must be a good reason. You don't have to have a baby this year. Maybe next year, money won't be so tight and he will gladly want to have another child.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:21 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• 1000 anon never say never about sex of baby chances - i had first girl born in husband's family in decades between his siblings, and his father and siblings too.

Try talking more to husband, maybe he knows something about threat of job security you're not yet aware of. If he gets really anxious or distant somethings up. Maybe his co. is downsizing.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 9:06 AM on Feb. 13, 2010