What's better, to love where you live in a place away from family and friends or live near them and hate where you live?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I wish I knew. I'm in that exact position! There is nothing here for us in the way of education and jobs but my family is here and I'm scared to leave!
    Anonymous

• Away and love where you live.
    If you are near them, but hate where you live then it just makes everything miserable. I'm in the opposite position. I hate where I live and i'm far away :) lol
    Anonymous

• OP here: I am in the exact opposite! I love where we live, we moved away from family and friends 3 years ago but now are thinking it would be nice to go back because of the kids etc... I have no idea what to do! I miss my friends and family but I'm not sure if I will be happy going back.....
    Anonymous

• I don't know....never left and loving it.

Talk about it with your man some more. Talk to the kids. You might never know what would make you happy. Maybe see if the family will move to you.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:55 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• same position here too....I hate where I live...but my whole family is here... I doubt I will ever leave if they dont.
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 12:12 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• being happy with your life is the most important. If it's being near your family that makes you happy, then that's more important. But honestly, if you hate where you live, doesn't sound like you're happy.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• For us, it's better to love where we live, away from family. We lived near family in a place we grew to hate, so we moved. Family can travel.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:37 AM on Feb. 13, 2010