i need to learn spanish

ok i lived in mexico for 5 months and i was pretty much fluentad now i have been back in the us for almost a year and i am almost back to square one please help me i learn better by hearing and practicing but i have a 10 week old and i dont know when his daddy will be able to come back and i want him to learn

carsonsmom2009

Asked by carsonsmom2009 at 11:40 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Buy a software program. Rosetta Stone is supposedly the best to learn a language.

http://www.rosettastone.com/

LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 12:00 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• There is another good one geared for kids, called Muzzy. And if you google how to learn spanish, you will find a ton of sites! Good luck! Once you get back into it, it will be fairly easy!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 1:12 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I want to learn too! My daughter has Mexican in her (her dad is half-Mexican) but he doesn't know Spanish! Of course I also want to know many other languages. I really want Rosetta Stone for like 5 languages!
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 2:47 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Oh I know what you mean! I learned Gaelic from my grandfather... but since he passed away a long time ago I haven't spoke it. I can barely remember simple words. I am sure there is no Rosetta Stone for it lol since it is a dead language. I wish you all the best in relearning! Oh and I heard Muzzy was really good.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 3:05 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• The only way is speaking it or listening, try spanish tv stations to see if you get it back, practice makes perfect.

Answer by older at 7:46 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I used to watch the spanish stations like telemundo- the soap operas are a riot. I don't have time for that now, so I try to stay on top of my skills by conjugating verbs and translating some books spanish to english or english to spanish. Like you I used to be quite fluent- I was actually bilingual in college, but have gotten out of practice since having a baby and working most of the week.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 2:29 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• There's a FREE website called www.spanishdict.com. It's an invaluable source for learning Spanish.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:09 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I would go see if your local library has the rosetta stone software. Our local library has it in many different languages availble for the public to use. It is WAYYYY too expensive to buy. Just for the first lesson of Japanese it was going to cost me a little over $400 and that was just the first introduction to Japanese lesson. Then you have to buy the other lessons for the same price. It would end up costing you thousands of dollars to be fluent by buying the rosetta stone program but if your local library has it you can use it for free. Other than that try watching TV shows in spanish, HBO has 2 spanish speaking channels and you can also listen to spanish speaking radio shows. I'm assuming thats how you learned in the first place, by being around it so much, so I would just try to keep things like tv shows and the radio in the car on spanish speaking stations.
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 9:11 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I'm currently learning Spanish. livemocha.com has helped me a lot. Send me a message if you'd like to practice with me. I'm just beginning, just know a few words so far! :)
    i.heart.rachel

Answer by i.heart.rachel at 4:31 PM on May. 9, 2010