This is my personal opinon on Christianity...I see there has been many post (This most likely won't offend anyone)

I am a chirstan. I belive my walk with God is personal. I've seen a lot of quesitons on "Rules" for chirstans.

Well here's my 2 cents.

I think being a Christan means having a personal one on one connection to God. It means abiding by the convections that God places on you.

I honestly think there is not "set of rules" thats its just what you feel in your heart, mind, body, and soul that God is telling you what is right.

I think if God convicts you that you shouldn't drink...then don't.

If God convicts you not to use birth control,....then don't.

I do belive that ceratin parts of the bible are hard and fast...I.E. No way to heaven but faith in Jesus.....

But a lot of it is personal.

I don't see why there has to be so much drama about it. I think we should all stick to our convictions and stop arguring.

So to make this a question...what do you think?

lstrickland

Asked by lstrickland at 11:45 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• "I think being a Christan means having a personal one on one connection to God"

Slight correction. ...Being a Christian means having a personal relationship and acknowledging Jesus Christ as your Savior. Hence the word Christian.

Otherwise you are correct. Your faith is personal. People confuse faith and religion all the time.

Faith - your personal beliefs that guide your morals and behaviors. It is between you and whatever deity you choose (or don't choose) to worship.

Religion - when people of similar faith traditions decide to get together and create rules for worship. Religion is usually man made rules of worship.

AissasMom

Answer by AissasMom at 12:24 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I agree with you. Each religion has their own belief system. Some are more strict then others, but just as much important as the other.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 11:47 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• what do you think?

agreed! asking Christians to follow the rules is not anymore what being a Christian is about than it is what paganisim is about.
    Anonymous

• I honestly think there is not "set of rules"

Then why do you have a bible?
    Anonymous

• I agree in that most things are not layed out in black and white. However, I think God did give us a set of rules in the ten commandments--principles that should guide our lives. Yes, the Holy Spirit convincts us, but we should obey the Bible even when we don't feel like it. I know many people say the ten Commandments have been nailed to the cross, but when it comes right down to it, they fourth one is the only one they don't think we need to keep anymore. Ultimately, you're right, no one can tell another person what to do. If they are following the Bible, God will guide them. If they are not following the Bible, that's what matters and that's what needs to be prayed about, not the nitty gritty.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:59 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• The 10 commandments are Jewish.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I agree. follow what's in black white and red and everything else is what God puts on your heart. As long as you're not hurting anyone and always thinking of the impact your actions have on others. Those should be your guides.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• "The 10 commandments are Jewish."

ROFL! There were no such things as "Jews" when the ten commandments were instituted!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:17 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• ROFL! There were no such things as "Jews" when the ten commandments were instituted!

Psst, Jewish refers to Hebrew, which refers to those tribes wandering the desert with Moses when he got the tablets.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• "Psst, Jewish refers to Hebrew, which refers to those tribes wandering the desert with Moses when he got the tablets."

So, honest question here, if something is "Jewish" or "Hebrew" does that mean it does not apply to Christians today? Jesus and his followers were Jewish. They continued to refer the commandments, even after his death. What makes something applicable to me today or not applicable?
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:34 AM on Feb. 13, 2010