Bikini moms

Ok I made a bet with DH that if I got to my ideal weight, I would wear bikinis on our upcoming vacation. Well I lost the weight and the bet lol. I have done some bikini shopping my only concern is my son I have never worna bikini in front of him before, and now I am going to, I dont know how he will react? Seing his mom strut her stuff. Any moms of teen age boys brave enough to wear bikins at the beach, Is my son going to think im having a mid life crises or be grossed out that mom is walking around like that. I need advice from you bikini moms of teens lol.

julietta22

Asked by julietta22 at 11:53 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I have a teen age son that has seen me in a Bikini, theres nothing wrong with that.. I mean you are going to the beach right, your not going skiing cause that would be weird and you son might have a reason to be weirded out if mom is skiing in a bikini lol. No go for it your hubby deserves to see it, ujst make sure the bikini is skimpy and shows off you fav assests lol.
    dDanaD74

Answer by dDanaD74 at 12:04 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• teenagers are old enough to know that mom lost weight and earned the right to wear a bikini! Keep it tasteful of course...I'm sure he'd appreciate no thong bikinis ;) He probably wont even notice- he'll be too busy looking at the teenage girls in bikinis!
    szeimetz

Answer by szeimetz at 12:06 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Good for you, mama! That sounds like a bet you didn't mind losing, eh?! I understand where you're coming from. The only time I've ever warn a bikini was on my honeymoon and when I was pregnant. Otherwise, I'm pretty self-conscious of my body, and I think I would be in front of a teen son, too. No matter who "right" other posters say it is, that may not change your personal sense of modesty or self-consciousness. I would say, start off with an attractive shawl or drape of some sort. Just take it off when you get in the water. Maybe you'll get more comfortable from there. HAVE FUN!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:10 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I honestly think it's fine. If you're in a tasteful suit, that covers your stuff, who cares? If you're a tad concerned, buy a wrap. Otherwise, congrats and wear it proudly!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:12 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Enjoy your newfound body and wear that bikini proud, your son might think he is happy his mom is cool and pretty enough for that bikini, don't worry about it and wear it.

Answer by older at 7:54 AM on Feb. 13, 2010