This has been a terrible day!

My 13 month old was diagnosed today with pneumonia and then tonight as I was giving my son his bath he stood up (normally i make him set down but I don't know why I didn't tonight) well he slipped and fell and chipped a huge chunk out of his top big tooth! I feel so terrible and all I can do right now is bawl! Why didn't I make him set down? What did i do wrong that my son has pneumonia (for a second time now in a year!) I feel like a terrible momma! :(

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 12:04 AM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Don't be so hard on yourself these things happen. As far as the tooth that sucks but he's going to grow another one. And we can't help it when our kids get sick, it's just something that happens. Tomorrow will be better.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 12:07 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• awe sweetie, you are not a horrible mother! *hugs* accidents like that happen. And as far as the pneumonia, you can't blame that on yourself either!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• You poor thing! I bet all moms feel this way sometimes. The best part is, you love your children, and love gets kids through a whole lot of life's crud! Think about how fortunately your children are compared to some children. Make yourself a cup of hot chocolate and rest assured that they will get through this and many more things. Hugs!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:29 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Wow... it feels like your taking a quote out of my journal from when I had my son! He had pneumonia at about 14 months, but had to be hospitalized for 2 days because I thought it was just a cold and waited to take him in. He also has a chipped front tooth too... which I didn't notice until probably a day or two after it happened. I believe I know when it happened, but I'm not 100% sure. He had just learned to run/walk and was on our kitchen linoleum and fell. I was lucky and all he did was chip off the very bottom of his tooth (straight acrossed) and it's only noticeable if you look for it. Thank goodness they get new ones, right?! Things like this just happen even when we are trying out best to be a good parent for them. Just give him lots of big hugs and kiss. It could be sooo much worse!
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 12:33 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• You're not a bad momma! Babies fall when they are learning to get around, and sometimes we can't catch them. As to the pneumonia, nothing you could have done could have kept him from getting it. Just focus on getting him better, and don't worry about the hows or whys of what is already past.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 2:14 PM on Feb. 13, 2010