would you let your little girl to wear these things?

bikini? belly shirt? little skirts? tank tops?

I was reading some posts in a group and there was a big argument about how these women ( the majority of them ) said they would never let their little girls ( like under 5 y/o) wear any of these things because it makes them look too old, and draws the wrong kind of attention ( and one even said it would put them at a greater risk to get molested) ... Now I understand like maybe not wanting a 10 or a 12 y/o to wear a short skirt or little bikini...but these are little girls, and I feel most of their clothes are the cutesy kind not "sexy" ...My little girl doesnt wear belly shirts, but it isnt because I think it is trashy ( i think it just looks like she is too big for her shirt lol) ...but really? would you think a little girl looks trashy if she was wearing a bikini, belly shirt, skirt, or tank top ??

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 12:23 AM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I won't dress my DD like a tramp like some people's kids dress these days but I am not going to let the threat of a possible perv seeing my daughter dictate how I dress her.

You also need to realize that you can dress your DD in a turtleneck and skirt to her ankles and a pedophile would still find her sexually attractive. Method of dress doesn't keep her any safer than ours keeps us safer from potential rapists.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 9:55 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I dont think it would look trashy as long as the clothes fit. I have a 3yr and 5 yr on daughters and they where bikini's. I think its cute when they wear mini denim skirts as long as they have panty hose underneath.
    ellegrl

Answer by ellegrl at 12:31 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• yeah I know my daughters first bathing suit was a cute little pink and green plaid bikini and I thought it was adorable...
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 12:34 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I agree with those women, it all starts at a young age, just cuz they are five and under they still understand whats sexy and whats not, they don't have to go far to know the difference, they can see it all on TV.  The only kind of girls all the nasty pervs are looking at are the ones that have short skirts, tiny bikinis, belly shirts etc. etc on and not the properly dressed girls.

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:38 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• actually loovemybabies .. i think most pervs go after the girls who look like "little girls" means the ones who you would consider to be dressed more "innocent"

and just becuase a 5 year old wears a bikini doesnt mean she is going to grow up and always wear a bikini...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Yep, both my kids own 2 piece bikinis, shorts, skirts, tank tops. they never show there stomach like a tank top and mini skirt. totally diff when wearing a bathing suit.
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 1:03 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• No not really anon. Besides what I think is innocent and what you think is innocent could be two different things.

Your right a five year old that years a bikini might not wear a bikini when she grows up BUT she can grow up to dance topless at a bar or end up legs spread wide open in hustler, sweetheart it all starts from a young age, and also if there daddy don't give them proper attention.

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:17 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I think it all depends what the clothes look like, belly shirts i am not a fan of because well it just looks like the kid is wearing clothes that are too small for them lol. Bikinis i dont have an issue with unless your buying one that is very mature looking, my dd wears one pieces mostly but has a few 2 pieces. All dd's skirts are short but she wears shorts, sock tights, or has the skirts with built in shorts so there is no issue with them.

Most predators are not lookinga t your childs clothes, they do prefer as a PP said the more innocent looking children, that is the draw for them.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:20 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• if you dress your kid based on what a perv would think you have issues you need to talk about with someone that's not on CM.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• a five year old wears a bikini and ends up with her legs spread for hustler? You have got to be kidding me. Do you have a daughter?
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 2:11 AM on Feb. 13, 2010