this is just bugging me!

at my brothers wedding a little while ago they told me "no kids" then told me that my DD could come then the day before the wedding told me "no kids" again. So being so last min, I was going to stay home. my mom went behind my back and called my MIL and asked to watch my DD (don't get along with MIL and don't really trust her with DD) so MIL watches DD and when I get to the reception I see kids. So I ask my brother what the deal was, then his wife tells me, no babies. Our aunt didn't come because of the "no kids" rule. she was watching her granddaughter, who is 14. My plan for the night was to stay for cake and then leave because it would of been DD bedtime. And I told them that. It just drove me nuts that one, my mil was watching DD and two that our aunt missed my brothers wedding because they couldn't say that I couldn't bring my DD. they lied to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• wow! i would be pissed too...im sorry your family acted that way!
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 1:09 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• i would b upset too. talk to your brother and tell him it upset u and see where it goes. be calm when u have this conversation and try to talk to your brother first and prehaps alone. u r his sister and he needs to deal with u and he should b the person to talk to his new wife about the problem. also u will not b out numbered by the 2 of them. this is no way for u to feel about your brother and his new wife. if he or they dont gv u an acceptable answer or he is unable to apologize then at least u know where u stand and u can decide how much time u want to b around them investing time in that relationship. good luck and remember stay calm. it is always better and if nothing else it will help the other side to c u as a mature person wanting to hv a real conversation about something u feel is important. if they get upset remain calm as when they think back on it later it will make them mad that u were able to stay in contro. gl
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• it just upset me that they lied to me. and that my mother went behind my back. They all know i am upset with this. I made that known when I got to the reception and saw all the kids running around. My DD is 1 1/2 and like I said, I wasn't planning on staying for long. after I picked up DD at 10 I get a call at 12;30 to drive everyone who was drunk home. so I woke DD up and was out until 130am. then on new years I drove everyone home again, this time not getting home until 2. I would rather wake my DD and drive her around then one of them driving home drunk but I feel I was used.
    Anonymous