Hello, ok so I'm almost 4weeks PP and am recovering from a 4th degree tear(ouch) I'm wondering how long it takes for my stitches to dissolve? I was told it feels itchy when they do which I've been experiencing however I'm hoping someone can relate. I refuse to look down there bc I'm completely grossed out at the thought of how extensive my tear is! How so I know I'm healing properly? I don't go for my 6w PP checkup until the 23rd.

xoxneanxox

Asked by xoxneanxox at 12:46 AM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• As long as there's no burning pain or redness (feels hot) then it should heal fine. Are you sitting in a shallow bath and cleaning it twice a day? That was what I was told and I did it religiously. I never had a problem. I never "looked" either but had no reason to do so. Just keep the area clean. Sorry about the tear. Ick.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on Feb. 13, 2010