can a male dog have sex with a male cat??

our six month old puppy seems to want to hump our cat all the time..it even looks like he actually has his thingie out and is poking it in...surely he can't be penetrating can he?? we need to get him fixed fast!!

ilovedogs1967

Asked by ilovedogs1967 at 12:47 AM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yeah it's possible.. there's no risk of pregnancy though so really nothing to worry about.. and if the cat doesn't mind.. more power to the pup
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 12:57 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• my male cat and my male dog do it all the time LOL ...the funny thing is I also have a female cat but they leave her alone lol
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 1:02 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• my female puppy does that to our female kitten sometimes lol, it is rare but it happens. It is just a dominance thing they are establishing who is in charge, my dogs and cats all play together but these two are the youngest and they are working out which one is in charge.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:07 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• God help you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:45 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• 3 ring is right. It is dominance. You should not let it happen though. You are in charge, you are the pack leader and that needs to be established while he is little. Otherwise he will take control and that is when behavior problems start. Don't ever allow him to do it to the kids or you as well. He is trying to figure out where he stands and he needs to learn he is not the leader.

aprilmommy123

Answer by aprilmommy123 at 4:17 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Our un-neutered male dog used to try to do that to our neutered male cat. Problem was, the dog was 10 lbs and our cat is 25 lbs and the cat made it perfectly clear that he was having none of that....LOL.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:23 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Yeah I'd be putting an end to that ASAP
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 4:41 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Thank you all for your answers, I agree, it can not continue. we are getting him fixed next payday and when we see him start we get him off of the cat quick!
    ilovedogs1967

Answer by ilovedogs1967 at 10:17 AM on Feb. 24, 2010