Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When does it go away

I feel that the thoughts of pregnancy are consuming my every thought. It's very overwhelming. I had gotten pregnant back in december and miscarried about 2-3wks into the pregnancy. We were given the go ahead by the dr to try again this month, and it's all I think about. I'm suppose to start my period by the 21st and my dh and I made sure that we tried everyday for a week during my high fertility time. I'm doing my best to just go with the flow and not think about "Am I?" "Could it be this month?" But I feel that it's ALL I think about. I hate it. I hate knowing all these things about my body and the whole "waiting" period. Next weekend will inevitably come and I fear that it will result in a negative test. I realize that I'm definitely not alone with the feeling of complete helplessness when it comes to pregnancy, but is there any way to just relax during this process?

Answer Question
 
mire621

Asked by mire621 at 12:47 AM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

Level 5 (95 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • I can't say too much to this as I have not had to experience this but i think the only way to really relax is to physically and mentally think about it and make yourself relax. try doing to things to distract you or maybe some relaxing tasks? i imagine the feeling and know it would be on my mind constantly...the wondering and excitement and worry. Just know whatever happens you will get there and you will make it through good or bad. It may seem hopeless and or endless but try to remember to keep the faith as it will come and you will make it.....the body and person are wonderful and stronger then we think....good luck and i really hope its the answer you want and goes well for you!
    myegoisprego

    Answer by myegoisprego at 12:54 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

  • You only have about a 20% chance to conceive each month, but after a year 80% of people will have conceived. If you look at those odds, even if you have sex at your most fertile time, you still may not get pregnant. It will happen at the right time. I waited 4 1/2 years + fertility treatments, and as painful and difficult as it was, she came at the perfectly right time! I hope that helps
    musichollie

    Answer by musichollie at 1:01 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

  • I hate when people are so matter of fact about emotional things like this!! I do know what it feels like to really want to be preg and to try my best not to let every minute be consumed by "am I's". It took my dh and I six mos of trying after our miscarriage b4 we had our last son. It was torture for me! I really don't know if u can relax and not think about it all the time, I certainly couldn't. But I do have some very important advise for u - DO NOT BY ANY MEANS buy the " First Response Early Pregnancy Tests" that test you up to 5 days b4 ur missed period. Every month except 4 one they gave me false positives even the day b4 my period it clearly said I was and then 12 hours later I would start and it was devastating! much worse than if I had just patiently waited until after I missed atleast the 1st day of my period. Good luck to u sweetheart and I really hope u r preggers!
    mommyof5boys543

    Answer by mommyof5boys543 at 7:47 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

  • Thank you sooooo much! We'll see by this weekend if I am or not!
    mire621

    Answer by mire621 at 8:45 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN