Bad Dreams!!

Ok so i have been having really horriable dreams about my 4 month old daughter...for example; i had a dream she drowned in the bath tub and died...then i had a dream she just stopped breathing...it starting to make me lose sleep cuz i continusly wake up to make sure she is ok!! Is this Normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yep, I think it's just nature's way of keeping us on our toes.
    jls9917

Answer by jls9917 at 12:51 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• OMG thank you!! I feel better now im like what the heck man...I guess it does keep me on my toes cuz i watch her extra careful in the bath and i am always up checking her hahaha...for a minute there i thought it was just me :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Oh goodness. I couldn't handle him being out of my sight for a second. I got those dreams too. I was terrified to let anyone hold him until he was like six months old because I thought for sure they'd drop him. As if we aren't stressed enough with a newborn, our minds play tricks like this. totally normal and honestly, very mean of mother nature. ;) hang in there. They'll ebb off eventually.
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 1:18 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I once had a dream that I would keep my daughter out in our shed with our dogs and would only visit her during the day. It was weird but I will always remember it. I just think it is us being to worried about our kids, which doesn't hurt since they are our pride and joy. The dreams will pass as they get older, I think it is because you are still a new mom. I think my daughter was also about 4 months old when I had the dream.
    hosein

Answer by hosein at 4:08 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I had lots of dreams that I was someplace - grocery store, work, etc - and I had left her at home by herself. I still get anxiety thinking about it as I type. And she co-slept with us for a while and I still wake up searching the bed for her at night. I think the hormones, the change of your routine and the major life change all have this effect on our conscious and sub conscious and it acts out in different ways. The same way I still have dreams that I registered for a college class that I never went to and it is time for the final. Or the dreams my waiter friends used to tell me they would have about horrible customers. But the dreams about our children affect us deeper because we carried them and delivered them and they are part of us still.
    jessmered

Answer by jessmered at 3:34 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• i had the same bathtub dream a week or two ago about my son i think it must be a 4 month old dream only it was my husband i think that allowed it to happen freaked me out i dont dream much so it wasnt a good one to have
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 5:27 PM on Feb. 13, 2010