VVS or a stumped DOC?

I have been in severe pain since my son was born 5 months ago. The Doc diagnosed me with Vulvar Vestipulitis (sp) and said the pain has nothing to do with child birth. I disagree but dont know how to convince her otherwise. She only did an external exam because of the pain....

The pain is when walking, sitting too long, and always during sex. Almost like giving birth to a large paper towel roll wrapped in glass....sorry to be graphic! They told me to use Estrace (estrogen cream) and zoloft....both made me sick....plus im nursing & dont like the idea.

I have another apt. for an internal exam this time but i feel like i am being grouped into a lump of "i dont have a clue" and i cant afford dr vist after dr visit....plus meds that dont work.

This problem is breaking my marriage apart and leaves me feeling less than capable to say the least. I need help to fix it....what could it be? VVS or something more? Can I be fixed?

EricaPotter

Asked by EricaPotter at 12:51 AM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• sorry for your pain, how about getting an opinion from a different practice of doctors - maybe a gynecologist specialist not a primary care internist or family practice doctor, not a family care doctor and not from an ob.

there are gynecologist specialists
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 8:10 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• This is a diagnosis of exclusion. They should do THOROUGH bloodwork and screening (ie that internal exam they haven't done yet), an xray or MRI to rule out broken bones or shredded ligaments etc. various testing.. I mean I googled this and it is like fibromylagia almost .. it's a "we don't know" answer most of the time. And if they're not doing any testing FIRST to see if it is something else.. that's just not right!

So.. I'd complain.. and no it doesn't sound like a stumped doctor. It sounds like a lazy one.
    Anonymous

• P.S. Zoloft is not a known treatment for this disorder that I could find anywhere. I think your doctor thinks you're just anxious.

I've had this happen to me before. Similar anyway. I had horrible facial and eye migraines daily, joint pain, and stomach pain.. Dx fibromyalgia.... til pus started leaking from my face. Oops! Guess it was an infection.. as it is realized my jaw and sinus has gaping holes eaten from infection.
    Anonymous