how do you find time to do everything in one day, with 2 kids, 1 giant dog, and being pregnant

Finding time when really there is none

crystal.evans42

Asked by crystal.evans42 at 9:24 AM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I have 3 kids, my BIL,a cat, and a dog. I got kinda lucky I guess in a way. When I was pregnant with my third child I had alot of back problem and alot of pain, so I didn't do a whole lot. Now that he is here we have a schedule that I try really hard to keep to and it really seems to work. Just sit down and plan out the entire day. Plan at certain times to do certain things. I also have a cleaning schedule. I only clean certain things on certain days. At first you don't seem to get anywhere, but after the first week you can really tell. Good Luck!
    ckrey83

Answer by ckrey83 at 9:30 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• How old are your kids? Clean a room a day. Cook double or triple portions when you cook and freeze the extra for ind. meals or other full meals. Get family or someone to watch the kids when you go shopping. It will cut the time in half! Teach the kids young to get one thing out and put it back before they get something else out. Montessori does this in an easy way. You get a carpet sample and tell them to put their one thing on the carpet. That is their workspace. When they are finished they need to clean up what they were playing with and put the rug where it goes. They start teaching this at 1! Make lists!
    jackimci

Answer by jackimci at 10:03 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• By "do everything" do you mean clean? If so, I'll give you my tip. I only have one kid, but I'm also pregnant and have a giant dog. I do have a lot of huge fish, so maybe we can pretend those are my extra kid ha! Anyhow...
    I took one day and got a sitter, actually it was a family member, and I did the whole house. Because honestly, once the house is clean I don't understand how it can really get all that dirty if you take things one day at a time. But that may be just me.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 10:16 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• YOU HAVE TO HAVE A SCHEDULE. AND DO NOT BEAT YOURSELF UP IT DOESN'T ALL GET DONE~MOTHERS NEVER GET IT ALL DONE AND THERES ALLS MORE TO BE DONE! SMILES! :) KAY
    KAYOCHOA

Answer by KAYOCHOA at 9:42 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I usually have one project a day. that way i dont get overwhelmed and i can put my feet up from time to time. I taught my kids to eat by themselves on alittle table with little spoons and bowls so when the baby comes I can just watch them while they eat while I nurse. I can clean the WHOLE house in one day, that would be insane! for me, anyway.
    boricuangel

Answer by boricuangel at 7:19 AM on Aug. 9, 2008