Why not take the time to learn about the lifestyle?

Time and time again, religious people refuse to look into the actual homosexual because their Bible tells them they are living in sin, they have no interest in learning who and why they are this way, judging them on their beleives, not in actuality. What is wrong with a little understanding? Actually looking for those answers you know nothing about, except what your religion tells you. How can you know about anyone lifestyle or person if you only go by what the Book tells you? Don't you ever wonder why these people fight so hard to be known and acknowledged? Ever wonder if your judgement of them might be wrong?

Asked by older at 8:36 AM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • "Time and time again, religious people refuse to look into the actual homosexual because their Bible tells them they are living in sin, they have no interest in learning who and why they are this way, judging them on their beleives,'

this is where their argument loses value....according to most christians, they too are living in sin. So, why the need to point the fingers specifically at gays, and not themselves. You are all sinners, yet some can't stop being judge and jury on gays. Who are they to judge? they too are sinners! I don't get it!

sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 10:27 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Nope. Not really. I've spent a lot of time with several gay/lesb friends, coworkers, etc. I've known lots of 'stories' and histories..heck, I've even sat with a few while they tried to figure out what and how to tell their families. Yes, I'm sympathetic, and yes I know God is merciful. But I'm not God..for their sake, hopefully, we've got it all wrong.
    However, I'm not so bold to say 'the book' is wrong..if its wrong on this one count, it'd be wrong on all other counts. IMO
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:46 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I didn't say the book might be wrong on just this count, there are a lot of things in the Bible that people do on a daily basis that is considered a sin, and yet it is swept under the rug because it is not as controversial.

Answer by older at 8:49 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Why not take the time to learn about the lifestyle?
    .
    .
    .
    .
    Because there aren’t enough hours in the day to get to know other people's business. I got a life and I focus on that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I agree older. But you also have to realize that originally the Bible didn't mention homosexuality. It was added later. Unfortunately many are unwilling to investigate the history of their religion.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:51 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• anon, it doesn't take much of your time to research facts and learn who they are. But you go ahead and pick your excuse.

Answer by older at 8:51 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• purpleducky, many are not willing to even accept the possibility they might have it wrong, making them sinners also for not following what they perceive the Bible to say.

Answer by older at 8:53 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I didn't say you said it was wrong..you asked if 'my' judgement might be wrong...i get my judgement from what the scriptures say.
    sorry if you misunderstood. : )
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:54 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• thehairnazi, got ya! but don't you ever wonder about your own judgement? does it ever come into play or do you always let the judgement come from the Bible?

Answer by older at 8:58 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

•  Tongue3  Bye

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Feb. 13, 2010