Should I start taking prenatal vit on the first day of menstruation? I have been taking fertility pills already. Would taken prenatal vitamins be going overboard? what do you suggest? Elliminate fertilty pills and just do prenatal vitamins?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• if you are ttc prenatal vit is good to take
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:17 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• prenatal vitamins are used by people who are not pregnant or ttc. they can be used as a good dietary supliments. so my answer to you is, your not going overboard, you can take them. i would say take them both if you have further concerns please consult a doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I would take them both, vitamins are good to take whether you are trying to conceive or not.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 10:09 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• It's good to take prenatals 3 months before conceiving. Your nutrition before is important to have an optimal yolk sac for early fetal development. I'm pretty sure that's what I learned when I took a birth defects course in grad school. You might want to look on the March of Dimes web site. Interesting site.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:51 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• My doctor would not prescribe fertility meds until I had been taking prenatal vitamins for several months. I continued to take the prenatal vitamins for about 3 years (the time it took me to get pregnant plus the length of my pregnancy). If you are taking doctor prescribed fertility meds you should also be taking prenatal vitamins.

If you are talking about the fertility aids you can order online or buy at the drug store, then you would need to find out if it contains the ingredients contained in the prenatal vitamins. They may just be expensive vitamins to begin with, in which case taking prenatal vitamins might be a duplication.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Feb. 13, 2010