The best meatloaf

I want to make my hubby something special for Valentine's Day. I am the worst cook in the world without a doubt. I'd like to make him meatloaf and au gratin (sp) potatoes. How do you make a meatloaf?

piercedbeauty21

Asked by piercedbeauty21 at 9:41 AM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Food & Drink

• i take the ground beef and add an egg, a slice of ripped up bread, salt, pepper, and BBQ SAUCE! i love it! i wouldnt say its the best, b/c it might not be your style, but my fmaily loves it!

paula deen has a recipe for cheeseburger meatloaf that sound amazing! you should look it up!
    snoober_k

Answer by snoober_k at 9:54 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• 2 pounds lean beef or 1/2 turkey half 'regular' beef
    1 green pepper
    1 small onion
    1/2 cup bread crumbs
    1 egg
    1 bottle Heinz Chili sauce

dice the green pepper and half of the onion into small pieces. About the size of half a pink nail. You can use a food processor if you have one.

Combine diced O. and GP with beef and bread crumbs. press into a casserole dish. top with half of the chili sauce. bake covered for about 45 min. Uncover (I like to take this opportunity to pour off any fat that has collected int he dish) and top with the other half of the chili sauce. bake for an additional 15-20 min or until you can cut into the middle and it looks done.

We have also been know to 'stuff' the middle with rice and cheese or broccoli and cheese.

Yum.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:09 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• *combine the egg into the mix when you put everything else together. Sorry I forgot to mention it!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:10 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Go to allrecipies.com. They have incredible and easy recipes.
    Merjo

Answer by Merjo at 10:20 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• 1.5 lbs ground meat (you can use beef, pork, or turkey)

1 bag of Italian seasoned croutons (whip them in the blender/ food processor to make bread crumbs)

1 14 oz can Italian style diced tomatoes, divided in half

2 eggs

mix everything together except half the tomatoes. Mix it well. Put it in the loaf pan. Top with the remaining tomatoes. Sprinkle over parmesan cheese. Bake it at 375 for about 35 minutes.

OR http://daniellecooks.wordpress.com/2010/01/26/fluffy-grass-fed-beefy-meatballs/

ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:03 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I hate cooking on a day that suppose to be for me too.

I don't cook meatloaf by my husband and son enjoy Stouffer's and it saves me a lot work. 

Anonymous

• I've always used the recipe on the Quaker Oats site

Answer by missanc at 7:57 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Mine is somewhat similar to snoobers. I mix 2 pounds ofground beef, an egg or two, some ketchup, 2-3 slices of torn up bread, garlic powder, finely chopped onion, and basil and pepper. Shape it into a loaf pan, bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until , drain off any fat (I actually prefer to use the high fat meat for flavor, but I use lowfat for health) Spread ketchup over the top, and bake until the ketchup makes a crust, and the meat is cooked in the center.

I'll go get my recipe for Au Gratin potatoes....but my other favorite is twiced baked potatoes.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:26 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I just realized you only asked for meatloaf, so you probably have your own au gratin potato recipe. Holler if you want one.
    ohwrite

• Here is an easy and delicious recipe.

Combine 1 lb ground beef, 1 egg, 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1 package stove top stuffing mix and shredded cheese. Put in a loaf pan and bake at 350 for about 1 hour. Nice and moist and yummy!!! My friend puts half the meat mixture in the loaf pan and then puts cubed Velveeta cheese in and cover with the rest of the meat mixture and then bakes it. Make sure to seal the cheese into the meat so it doesn't leak out.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:10 AM on Feb. 14, 2010