Do your children sleep in on the weekend?

Cafe Jenn

Asked by Cafe Jenn at 9:59 AM on Feb. 13, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• ::sigh:: No. My son is up at 7:00 every day. I think he just needs his routine. It drives me batty. My Daughter will sleep in on weekends though.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:03 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Not usually. Actually, then tend to get up earlier on the weekends. I wake them at 6:45am on school days. On weekends they tend to get up around 6am, 7am at the latest. If by some chance they stayed up really late (past 9pm) and we did a lot during the day they might sleep until 7:30-8am.
    I still sleep in until at least 8am on weekends. My kids know how to get up and get their own breakfasts and watch TV quietly so I can sleep.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:30 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• no they still get up at 6 I guess that is what time they are used to waking up
    mom2ryneandsam

Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 12:14 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• yep mine does but thats due to her never wanting to get up during the week day though. Yep we have tried getting her to sleep earlier and sometimes it works but if she is in bed by 8 or 8:30 then she is up by 5 so its a constant struggle to get the time right.
    MumaSue

Answer by MumaSue at 2:31 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• OH YES! Not as late as I would of liked but usually till 7 or 8. Normally we wake up at 5AM so oh yes even 7 is sleeping in for us!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 3:15 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• My oldest daughter (13) does. My 4 and 7 year wake up at 6 and usually on weekdays they wake up at 6 as well, but could sleep in until 7! Then my 9 and 11 year old wake up between 7-7:30. I was never a sleeper so I'm up when the kids are!
    Anonymous

• My son will sleep till the sun comes up. Right now that is ok, since it is after 7, but in the summer it is tough since the sun rises by 6am and there is more going on during the night with family and friends. We could be up till 10pm and he still gets up at 6am.
    catlover734

Answer by catlover734 at 8:14 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Absolutely. My girls are Owls by inclination, would happily stay up all night if I would let them, and then sleep all morning. Weekends and school vacation times I let them sleep in, except for the week before school goes back, when I start waking them earlier each day until they are back to waking at School Time on the last day of vacation.

My husband and I are both Owls too, so they came by honestly!
    Manth

Answer by Manth at 8:21 AM on Feb. 14, 2010