reveling in the misery of others

I am flabbergasted on how others can rejoice when they see others in pain.

There is a Catholic family that is having some financial troubles. I over heard one person talking as if it was great news. I wanted to march out there and tell him to attend a Mass and find God.

I went with another response. Something like we could get worse neighbors so don't wish for them to be evicted.

How do you handle people with so much anger? I know reading the bible to them won't work, but there are a few quotes I would like to read to this person.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't try to "teach" them anything. I allow my life to be the best example of love and forgiveness and light.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 10:32 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• question: How do you handle people with so much anger?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Answer: I don't try to "teach" them anything. I allow my life to be the best example of love and forgiveness and light.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 10:34 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• nobody mentioned anything about teach hmhm unless I missed it.

When someone is making it clear they are happy for bad times something should be said. Sitting back and allowing a person to trash another is just as bad. All it takes to squash evil is for one person to speak up. All it takes for evil to thrive is for everyone to be silent.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• You should say something. I agree with Anon 10:38. Say something gently but firmly without attacking. People should be considerate of others and look at things from other perspectives than their own. That is the best angle to start with, IMO.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 11:00 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• How do you handle people with so much anger?

Why is it your place to handle it? Unless these "angry" people are your spouse or children, their opinions aren't really any of your business, are they?
    Anonymous

• Why is it your place to handle it? Unless these "angry" people are your spouse or children, their opinions aren't really any of your business, are they?

for evil to thrive we must all be silent. Don't answer a question with a question and when I hear a belligerent person yelling in the streets for my spouse or children to hear their hate it is my business.
    Anonymous

• for evil to thrive we must all be silent

Judge not, lest ye be judged. Who appointed you the determiner of evil?
    Anonymous

• Judge not, lest ye be judged. Who appointed you the determiner of evil?

God
    Anonymous

• Judge not, lest ye be judged

you take these 6 words and leave the rest. The bible does tell us to judge others and correct their ways.
    Anonymous