Do you think this dad should be on Cafemoms?????

one year ago his wife died and left him with 2 young kids .He asked if it was alright to join and help he with raising the kids .I am asking moms what do you think.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Feb. 13, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I would say yes. As a single and sole parent he is in dire ned of advice and help from all of us! This way his two little ones would benefit more so than he would. Who is more important the man raising his two little ones or the little ones? As long as he is respectful and uses courtesy why not?
    Have a great day!:)
    CloudWeaver

Answer by CloudWeaver at 10:33 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Unfortunately, no. As sad as his situation is, he is still not a mom. He could easily join one of the other sites that are specifically for dads or for both parents. There are a lot of them out there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• How do you know for sure?! I mean, I could say all kinds of things over the anonymous internet, would you automatically believe me? I'm sure there are MANY men on here posing as moms--after all it's not a requirement to PROVE you are a mom or post pictures of your children--what's to stop ANYONE from joining?
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:32 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• This is a mom's site, no men allowed. My son is a SAHD and it's not the same. He even does all the housework, shopping cooking, taking the toddler to the doctor, everything. I'm around them almost daily so it's not like I am across the country saying that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• winkThis comes up a lot but no, it's a site for just moms but you can ask the questions for him. There is nothing in the rules that says you can't pass on our wisdom to him. Then again if he's cute just send him to me, I'll be glad to help him out!

Answer by admckenzie at 10:52 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• He is a mom. He has to be the mom and the dad in the situation, and I think he should be able to be on here. Or, just tell him to make a profile..pretend to be a woman...and ask questions as if he's a mom. =)
    Anonymous

• Eh. I like the idea of being under the assumption that this is 'girl time' I'm sure there are men on here but I don't ever need to know about it. :0) Besides if there was men openly on here do you think some of the questions ans journals that come up still would? I mean some stuff posted or asked about on here is very woman to woman stuff. This is a great avenue for such things. I would hate to see that lost.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:49 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Posing as a mom would just not work in some questions like' How do I talk to my daughter about sex?' there would be a totally different answer if you knew it was a father rather than a mother. and what about formula questions and there are people bashing over 'she' should breast feed. Like he has that option of may already feel bad that his child never got that.
    Anonymous

• Be man enough to take up with CM administrators for approval.

Anonymous

• I don't think that ANY dad should be on CafeMOM regardless of their situation. I am sympathetic to his loss but this site is for MOMS and that means females who have children or are trying to. Males are not moms.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 7:47 PM on Feb. 14, 2010