How would you feel is someone stole your pics and edited them?

My cousin has a friend who copied some of her pics from Myspace and was trying to sell them an also edit the image. SHe was in a Halloween costume dressed as a nurse with sexy stockings on. Her face wasn't showing but still. Is there any legal action she could take?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I doubt there is legal action. If the pictures were posted on a public sight, you are basically giving permission for anyone to look and take unless you set up security settings.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 10:36 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• True Kairis. That is why I do not post my baby's pics!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Exactly!
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:40 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• You can watermark pix so they can't do that but no, there is no legal action you can take especially since they have no face on them. Public sites are targets for that sort of thing which is why you should watermark pix before posting them
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• How do you watermark? Thanks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I've had that happen to me actually. I had to have my photobucket account deleted. I marked all my Picasa web albums to "invitation only"...My pictures were stolen, doctored, and made into very unflattering movies on youtube, and doctored and put an amature porn site. I reported the person who was doing it to the government(if you need to, do a google search on internet harassment. If you see an address followed by .gov, check it out.) since then, that person only tried ONE more time to stalk me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• my dad has been out of my life for a very long time now, but he has pictures of me on his facebook, drives me crazy!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• How do you watermark your pictures?
    toyota

Answer by toyota at 1:21 PM on Feb. 13, 2010