why is my ds throwing up at night?

for the past 2 nights my ds has been throwing up at night! during the day he eats fine, sleeps good and no fever! any advice

Patience909

Asked by Patience909 at 10:41 AM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe something in his room is causing him a problem. Have you checked it to make sure there is no mold? I'd call the doctor and ask what he/she thinks. Does he take naps during the day? I was thinking maybe he has an inner ear infection that might hurt him when he's lying down flat but if it doesn't bother him during naps that may not be it.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:45 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• he is fine during naps
    Patience909

Answer by Patience909 at 10:47 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Does he have any congestion or drainage? My daughter went through this last year. She was fine as long as she was up, but after laying flat in her crib for a while the drainage would collect in her throat. She'd start coughing and eventually throw up. The pediatrician recommended we keep a humidifier going and he prescribed C-Phen to help with the cough and congestion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Sounds like acid reflux maybe? Make sure he doesn't eat 2 hours before going to bed, to make sure that he's digested properly. If that doesn't help, it could very well be drainage like :50 said.
    Ann_Ony_Mouse

Answer by Ann_Ony_Mouse at 11:17 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• When my son was around 18 months he started throwing up every night. He was fine all day and would throw up at night and then go right back to sleep. It was reflux, the dr prescribed him zantac for a short period of time and it went away - apparently him throwing up for several nights in a row had irritated his esophagus which is why it started getting worse instead of better.

Answer by missanc at 3:48 PM on Feb. 13, 2010