Is 2 too young to help in the kitchen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• they can always help stir or dump the measuring cup into the bowl or throw trash away for you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• my dd who is gonna be 3 in june helps me all the time! we started baking together when she was a year, she helps me mix everything and get it together puts the cookies on the tray i handle the oven and taking them out. she likes to help cook noodles, and soup she adds all the spices and stuff to food. i just dont let her touch raw meat or the stove or oven. and she loves to help her momma clean ( she picks up and puts her toys and stuff away). i personally dont think so at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• nope! they can mix and taste test and help rinse dishes or wash them if you teach them out. Help put away food, help get food out of cupboards and the fridge. Help dump ingredients in a bowl...etc
    my daughter has been "helping" since she was about 18 months. Even if it was just standing on a chair and supervising me washing dishes lol!!! They enjoy it and it makes them feel good, like they've accomplished something!
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 11:01 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• No. My 2 1/2 year old twins have been helping a little since they were about 18 months old. I usually set them up with a simple task at the counter that is not close to the stove. Sometimes they are just practicing rather than really helping. I give them bowls with little water and a small whisk, and they stir like crazy. They may spill a lot of water, but they have a good time. They also like to help rinse dishes and load the dishwasher.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• my 2 year old helps.
    dumping measuring cups
    stirring (yeah, this one can be messy but I help hold the handle)
    her favorite is cracking eggs :o) make sure you do that into a separate bowl though so you can fish out any shell pieces
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• my son is 21 months old. i have him help me stir or put the ingredients from the measuring cup into the mixing bowl. and of course...he loves to sample everything lol. I bought a folding stool just for him!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:11 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• NOPE! Not too young! All these moms above have the right idea.
    Ann_Ony_Mouse

Answer by Ann_Ony_Mouse at 11:14 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• NO my dd started helping when she was one. I don't make her, she just likes to help.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:18 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• How can you keep them out?
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:29 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• my 19 month old helps in the kitchen. he pours things, mixes, throws out garbage, rinses fruits and vegetables, puts things in the dishwasher and sometimes just plays with the kitchen utensils while i cook. he loves it. we put red tape around the stove area, wide enough for the door to open all the way. he knows not to go into that area so i am okay with him being in the kitchen while the stove is on.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 12:18 PM on Feb. 13, 2010