if the man i am with doesnt want to have a baby with me should i take that as a sign that we shouldnt be together?

we've known eachother for about 9 yrs dated before and just got back together in dec of 09' any advice or ideas are welcomed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• no its not a sign unless you really want kids. if you do, he is being clear its not in the picture so move on. if its not that big a deal, ask him if he wants to take it to the next level as far as seriousness. just ask, life is too short to avopid those talks hon. if he isnt into you, find the one who is. :)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:11 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• No he just doesn't want children. Is it just with you or at all?
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:17 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• need to talk with him again!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:29 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I would ask him to clarify-- does he mean no kids at this time, no kids ever? If having a child is important to you, and is not on his 'to do' list, then you may want to break it off with him. If he wants kids, but not with you, then I would suggest breaking it off.
    Anonymous

• Perhaps. It all depends on if no kids with him is a deal breaker for you.
    Anonymous

• Why doesn't he want one? Is it specifically w/ you, or just in general. I had my tubes tied after my youngest. Since being w/ my SO, I have reconsidered the idea of having more kids, but it took a while. My lack of interest in having a baby had nothing to do with him. It was simply that I've had 2 kids, they're growing fast, and I'm in my 30's. I love him more than I could ever put into words and want nothing more than to spend my life w/ him. It may very well be that he just has no interest in having kids at all (or not having any MORE kids, if he already has them). My SO & I discussed this early on; he's fine with our situation I think you now need to sit down with your SO and ask him why he doesn't want a baby. Once you know the answer to that, then the rest can be figured out. It's really only a dealbreaker if you desperately want kids or if he specifically doesn't want them with you and his reason isn't flattering to you.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 12:11 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Ask yourself what's most important to you. Being with that man with no more children OR having more kids? He has told you that he doesn't want any right? Well then count yourself lucky and decide what you value most.
    Anonymous

• if he does not want kids, and you do want more kids, then i would say thats a deal breaker
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 2:04 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• If he nev er wants kids and you do, then you shouldn't be together. It will always be an issue and resentments will grow from it.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 2:19 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• only if that is a deal breaker for you

Answer by admckenzie at 4:17 PM on Feb. 13, 2010