i want to answer the phones for thoe infomercials... those 1 800 numbers and u work frm home.. how do i get into that

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

• I would call the number of an infomercial and ask the person who answers.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:26 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• There are several infomercial answering services--some highly reputable, others not so much.  The downside to doing this (I looked into it), is you need to establish a "no frills" dedicated phone and phone line installed (separate phone number) that only accepts incoming calls, buy a special headset, and you'll need a separate IBM computer to process the calls, and you would want a special room in your home or home office that the kids cannot access, because you cannot have kids running all around when you are on the phone/taking orders!!!  :o)  All of that is upfront expenses, which in my case, would have been around $1000 just to get started (including labor and set up costs from my phone/cable company)! 

However, here's some info on one reputable company if you want to pursue it!

http://agentcommunity.liveops.com/

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:38 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I agree with LoriKeet - how many times do you call and you can hear people's kids in the background? I tried to get into a call center but they only hire for people to do outbound calls - telemarketing. If you don't quit after a month or two then you are allowed to apply for the cushy job of just taking orders. Everyone wants that job!
    Anonymous

• Make sure you read the "How much can I make" part of the above liveops... it says they average about 1.57 per call, 4 per 30 minutes....  But, that's allowing 7.5 minutes per call... this is very hard to achieve unless you really know your stuff.   Basically a real call can last you anywhere between 10 to 20 minutes... This is providing that you are totally satisfying your customers... Believe me, I worked at a call center... it's just not feasible... out of 60 calls I answered per day, about 2 were less then 10 minute calls....

just sayin....

Anonymous

• I do lots of stuff online. You should read my story at . Free Paypal Money

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 8:15 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I had looked into doing that, but I realized that I couldn't have ANY background noise. That wasn't something that would work out for me considering I am a Mommy and the purpose of me working from home is to have them around. I work from home and I LOVE what I do. I can help you work from home too! I am a stay at home Mom to a 2 year old and 11 month old. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! WEEKLY PAY! FREE website, training, and UNLIMITED support!! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS. The best part is I can make money and be with my Family!!!
    You can have the best of both worlds too.
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!
    Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Check out my website
    http://www.4MyFamilyandMe.com/
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 10:33 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I work for Liveops answering those calls for infomercials. I average $15 an hour. I'm really good at selling. Some days I make more than $15 an hour but that is pretty much the normal. There are slow days like the beginning of the week and weekends are really good call volume days. I've been with Liveops since January and I make $1200 a month right now working about 15-20 hours a week. You set your own schedule with them and I love that part.
    Julie1976

Answer by Julie1976 at 5:49 PM on May. 20, 2010