whats your opinion??

most people have kids just to abuse the system? i really think some people keep having kids to be on welfare. i also noticed the more kids you have the more benifits you get and stuff handed to you for free. but hard working people who are really trying and thriving, dont get no help at all! i also noticed you have to lie to the system to get what you want, and honset people get nothing. is this really how it is? im starting to believe this is the way it has turned out to be now days.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• sadly enough I have to agree with you. For the last 5 years since my husband and I have had children we have recieved no assistance while he worked full time at the same job for 5 years. But now that he has been lad off we are getting a little help but very little because we recieve unemployment so far. We are now going back to school ful time to try to get out of this go back to work and getting laid off rut and get good paying in demand jobs so we can do what we need to do to suport ourselves. But while we are budgeting our butts of to make it on little assistance, student loans, and tax returns others we know not working, going out partying and doing drugs and "trading food assistance" for cash or smokes are getting more than double or triple the benifets with the same amount of people...and report it and they do nothing... but ya try to write a letter or 10 telling them whats going on and I think it goes 2 the trash! GL!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 11:32 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• It's unfair to say that it's MOST! Where do you get your statistics?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• ok i will rephase myself, i feel a majority ppl. hows that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I have heard that welfare benefits NO LONGER go by how many kids you have.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Are you on welfare? Do you need food stamps? If you don't, than why would it effect you? Oh right because your taxes pay for it. A couple cents a month out of your paycheck is so much!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I think you're an idiot. You don't get enough to actually raise that child, but to assist in raising him.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 11:39 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• We pay in 2000.00/every 3 months in federal and state taxes... So I'm sorry but it's not just a few cents/ paycheck.. We're self employed and don't see a dime of it at the end of the year, when people that make 20,000 for the yr get a 10,000.00 refund.. So now you want to complain about not getting enough assistance? Be thankful for what you do get, even if we don't do as well for the year we still have to pay in quarterly.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:44 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I'm sure there are a lot of people who do abuse the system but imo I'd rather just pay for stuff than have to deal with all their annoying confusing paperwork. I got pregnant at 17 (an oopsie) and I'm engaged to the dad and he's going to school and personally we can't wait til we can support ourselves. We aren't on welfare but we have medicaid and wic and we're really grateful for that.
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 12:05 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• hotrodmomma wrote:
    others we know not working, going out partying and doing drugs and "trading food assistance" for cash or smokes are getting more than double or triple the benifets with the same amount of people...and report it and they do nothing...

I AGREE!!!!
    Anonymous

• And I'm starting to believe that there are way more ignorant people on CM than I initially thought....you keep proving this to me over and over.....
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:08 PM on Feb. 13, 2010