We Are the World 25. What did you think?

I thought it blew big time. They should've just written a new song for Haiti.

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 11:29 AM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm glad I'm not the only one. To me it sounded way too much like everyone was singing as loud as they could in the sort of "only listen to me" thing. Does that make sense? And was the point in having the old clip of Michael Jackson in it? I mean I know he was a big part of the original, but hello!! He's gone now! The whole rap thing was just not something that should have been added.

The original was one that I really hated as far as songs go, but I'd sure rather listen to that one then this new piece of monkey dung they've come up with.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 11:33 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• oh yeah, I told DH that I'd find some way to send them some money if they'd stop playing that thing. Haiti has enough trouble right now without listening to that!!
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 11:35 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I love the original. It sounds more sincere than this new one they made.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:35 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I just like the beginning of the song where Jusin Beiber sang, her sounded really good, the song went down hill after he was done.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 11:54 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• They can play it next time they have a holed up terrorist they need to torture out of the compound.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:13 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

--------------------------------

LMFAO!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:46 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I thought it pretty much sucked. Why mess with it in the first place? They should have written something new- but I think they were too lazy!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:18 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Why didn't they dedicate that song to 9-11 victims and Katrina and The Tsunami victims? Why all of a sudden Haiti? That song is good for any cause.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:38 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• They were planning a 25th anniversary version of the song just because it was the anniversary. The day they were supposed to get all the celebs together to record it was right after the hurricaine, so they postponed it a few weeks and decided to make the proceeds go to Haiti. It's just coincidence Haiti happened that week, otherwise the song would've just been about proceeds going to charity.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:49 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I think they messed it up. I always liked the song. I think if you are going to do a song to raise money for a cause, write a new one. There are many talented song writers out there.
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 2:15 PM on Feb. 13, 2010